A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hello people of the interwebs its Steven back again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

Today's trick is from a that I bought about three years ago and I haven't really looked at.

Today's trick is from a book called "Above The Fold" by Rich Aviles and it can be found on page 30. The name of today's trick is "middle man".


I want to start off by saying that I bought this book as a recommendation from a friend and I have never read any of it until today. Also I until today I never knew much about rich Aviles.

The trick was really easy to learn. 

I performed this trick as taught in the book for my friends Lisa and Chris who I was hanging out with and they seemed or really enjoy it. They have seen me do millions of magic in fact Lisa is someone I have preformed alongside on a number of occasions (she's a singer and poet) and she has also helped me write some material. Lastly she is my biggest critic and she will tell me if something sucks.

This trick has a nice emotional hook and I think the patter that is provided in the write up is gat for this style of routine.

I performed this as an opener and a closer as I only did this trick for them. I feel this would be a great middle trick as it has a lot of patter and isn't powerful enough for a opener or closer.

Will it stay in my act? I think I will play around with it and it may just stay in may act. Over all it's a great way trick and can't wait to try it out a few more times 

Well guys that's it from. I will be back tomorrow with day 6 of learning and performing a skipped over trick. Until then see you tomorrow. 

1 Response so far.

  1. Wow, amazing to know these magic trick performed which you have shared in this posting. Thank you very much. Entertainment Magic Show in Coimbatore | Magic Show Organisers in Coimbatore

Post a Comment