A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hello people of the interwebs its Steven back again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

Today's trick is from a book that I recommend everyone picks up and it also comes from one of my favourite magicians David Williamson.

Today's trick is from a DVD called "Scratch" by Chad Long.


I performed the very first trick on the DVD which is called "Chicago Scratch".The trick was really easy to learn and enjoyable to watch chad perform. Chad is an excellent teacher. 

I performed this trick as taught on the DVD to a few people first was a random guy I met in a bar, he really liked it, second was to one of my friends and she said "I had no idea that card had been changed" and lastly I showed this to another friend and he did the "raise an eyebrow" reaction. Which basically means that's awesome but I'm not showing you it is. 

I performed this as a opener and a closer and it works perfect as both

Will it stay in my act? Yes but I will do more than the ideas on the DVD. I think scratch is more of a utility device and you should come up with your own ideas using the concept. I have already made something else up that's not taught on the DVD and can't wait to perform it.

Well guys that's it from me for learn and perform a trick. I have learned so much from doing these posts and they have helped me not only make up routines and perform them but also think about my list of tricks I do all the time. I am now on the look out for 10 tricks I can do anytime anywhere with any deck of cards. If you have a trick that you think fits this criteria then get in touch I would love to hear your suggestions.  

1 Response so far.

  1. Nice and impressive magic tricks which you have shared in this posting. Thanks a lot for the sharing. Entertainment Magic Show in Coimbatore | Magic Show Organisers in Coimbatore

Post a Comment