A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hello people of the interwebs its Steven back again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

As promised yesterday here is day one of learning and performing a trick I have skipped over.

Today's trick is freon a book that was published way back in 1979 by the man who owns my local magic shop, Mr Roy Walton. Today's trick is from a book called "that certain something" and it can be found on page 13. The name of the trick is "smiling mule". 



Let me start off by saying this trick uses a move that a lot of magicians panic about getting caught on not once but twice. With that being said the scond time you do it you have so much misdirection because of a joke that's incorporated in the routine.  

The trick is a good one and it was very easy to learn. I performed this trick for some people in my college class. When I did the first phase with the joke I got the response of " really? Come on do a real trick". This gave sme so much misdirection to do the stuff that needed done. The trick did get a "oh that's cool" response but I think this would get better reactions from a different audience.   

Will this remain in my act? Well yes and no, I would like to play around with it for a few weeks and see how it plays for different audiences and if it gets the reaction I expect then I will keep it in my act.

Well guys that's it from me for today tune in tomorrow for another post.

Thanks 
Steven.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment