A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hello people of the interwebs its Steven back again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

As promised yesterday here is day one of learning and performing a trick I have skipped over.

Today's trick is from a book I have had just over a year called "gold dust the very best of Paul Gordon." 

Let me start off by saying I am a huge fan of Paul's work and I think he has some great stuff some of which I even use while out working. That being said a lot of Paul's stuff is very procedural and I am not a fan of magic where you have to either deal or spell to stuff so as a lot of stuff Paul dose uses these concepts it was hard for me to find a trick I liked. I then found a trick called "strollers delight" which can be found on page 245. 

This is a nice trick and was easy to learn.i spent my morning reding, learning and practicing this trick. I was in town and stopped by a coffee shop that I am a regular in and they know I am a magician so I knew they would expect me to do a little something. When I arrived it was very quiet so Dean who was serving asked for a trick as I started Samantha who was also working stopped so I went into strollers delight as my opener. I changed the end phase a little to fit the situation. The trick was well received and Dean freaked out (like he always does) when he saw his card was in between the aces. 

Over all great trick and good reactions. Will I use this again probably sometime but it won't be a regular feature of my act as I do a trick by another magician that is very similar. 

Well guys that's it from me. I will be back tomorrow with another card trick. This time one from a book that every magician should read. 

Thanks 
Steven.  

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment