A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.


Hello people of the interwebs its Steven again with yet another blog post.

In today’s post I thought I would share a video I recently added to my YouTube channel and a little bit about how I came up with the concept.

Well I was thinking to myself as it’s the festive season I should treat my readers so I thought what better way to treat them than to post a video as I haven’t done that in about 8 or so months. I then went and thought about what I could do in the video. Would I do a trick to the camera, film some live magic or even do a video that is a little like this one. I then went and ate my dinner which incase you are wondering was pork chops and chips. I then sat at my computer and wrote down a few ideas on what I could do. None of the ideas stood out that much so I was at a dead end.

I then thought why not do a video that showcases both my style of magic and the type of magic I like but never really get the chance to perform. I then wrote down a list of tricks and flourishes that I enjoy practicing but never perform and I then went and got the materials needed for the video. I spent the next few hours in my bed room filming the clips for the video and as I am a little OCD they all need to be perfect so I kept refilming the clips until I was happy with them. I then went back to my computer and started editing the video and I was shocked to find it only took me an hour I thought it would take me ages.


Screen shot of the editing proccess


The next day I woke up with a few ideas about the editing I then Went to my computer and made the final edits before I headed out to go to college. I left the video rendering as I went to college. Once I got home from college I uploaded the final project onto YouTube but once it was finalized etc. I realised that there was a minor editing mistake basically I had used the wrong intro for the video and the intro was not in widescreen. I then replaced the clip with the right one and rerendered the video.

So you will probably wonder why in the video is it not that well lit. Well the answer is really simple I wanted the video to look as if it was shot late at night and under electric light. So when I filmed the clips I only used the light on the ceiling of my bedroom instead of setting up some proper in studio lighting.

Well guys that’s enough rambling on about how I made the video. So without any further ado I present to you After Dinner.





Well that’s really it from me for this post but if you have any questions feel free to contact me on any of the ways below.


Thanks
Steven Blair :)
 




Find me at:
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Like me




0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment