A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hello people of the interwebs its Steven again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

As a lot of you will know in my spare time I spend a lot of time browsing the Internet and I come across a lot of useless websites but every so often I find a hidden gem. So in this post I will share with you gems that most magicians will enjoy.

The first site that I have to mention is properly one of my favourites and that site is www.themagicsession.com (soon to be sessionone.com).

what’s this site all about? 

Well this site is where I spend most of my spare time and it is an online community that allows you to chat with magicians from all around the world. On this site I have met some really nice people and a lot of them have helped me to change the way I think about my magic.

What are some of the features of this site?

Well this site has some great stuff such as FREE yeah that’s right will say it again FREE lectures in the on-demand section from “names” in magic such as tony Chang, Eric jones, Chris Mayhew, Aaron Fisher, Jamie Daws and Caleb Wiles. In these lectures these guys share some there thinking of magic, tricks direct from there working routines and also some even share some of their marketed effects. Another thing they offer is a product review show that Luke Dancy (one of the co-founders along with Josh Norris) hosts live via the internet every week at 1am UK time or 8pm EST. I enjoy watching this show because it helps me to decide which products to buy and which to stay away from also they give away FREE magic in there contest called “random magic giveaway”. As well as lectures and product review shows they also offer articles in this section they have a range of articles from a number of magicians. The best part of the site and the place all the cool guys in magic hang out is “the lounge”. This is a video chat room that allows you to chat with loads of magicians from around the world. Also in this section of the site they host what’s called a “Jam Session” this happens once a week on a Tuesday at 1am UK time or 8pm EST and this is one of the highlights of my week. In these sessions Mark Calabrese and Trini Montes set a topic and the members share ideas on this topic. If you haven’t attended a Jam Session then I suggest that you do because even if it’s a topic in magic that you have no interest in you will still learn something. It maybe a little thing but it’s still worth it and you will see some good magic. Also they give away free (yeah again its FREE) PDFS that have some great magic essays and tricks in them.


Contact information

www.themagicsession.com

team@themagicsession.com

www.sessionone.com

www.twitter.com/wesession

http://www.facebook.com/WeSession


The second site is one that is around 6 months old but I feel it’s made a huge difference to the way I think and approach magic and this site is called magicontheside.com.

What’s this site all about?


This site is run by my friends Seuss Métivier and Eric Johnson who I met thru themagicsession.com. On this site the guys do a podcast that is all about magic and as well as chat about magic performance, magic books and review products they also chat about beer and drink beer.

What are some of the features of this site?


This site is one of the best podcast there is not just saying this because its run by friends of mine I mean it. I have listened to a few other magic podcasts but didn`t really enjoy them because they were either boring, irrelevant or just lacked that bit of vavavoom. In some of the episodes the guys are joined by special guests such as Eric jones, Max Krause, Garrett Thomas, Shoot Ogawa, Joshua Jay and Gregory Wilson. So go give them a listen.

Contact information.
feedback@magicontheside.com

www.magicontheside.com

http://www.facebook.com/magicontheside

https://twitter.com/#!/magicontheside

2 Apps to help you with magic.


The next 2 sites aren’t really websites like the ones I have listed above but they are more like apps for any card magician.

The first one is a Farro shuffle Simulator. This is a little fun thing to play with. The best thing is that it allows you to stack the deck in a number of stacks such as Tameriz (the one I am currently working on), Aronson stack, Si Stebbins or new deck order and by using this app you will be able to work out who many perfect Farro`s it will take you to go from one stack to another. Play around with it and you will work out some new ideas using the Farro shuffle.

www.natedog.com/cards/faro.html

The second one is a memorised stack trainer that was made by my friend Joe Williamson. This has helped me a lot with learning of Tameriz stack (you can also learn any stack you want just by typeing it in) so go check it out. http://huruey.webs.com

Well that’s it from me for this post hope I have helped you discover a new magic related website for any more information on any of the sites be sure to contact me on any of the ways listed below.


Thanks
Steven Blair :)

Find me at:

Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Like me

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment